And Related Anxiety Based Conditions
Now Hiring: OCD Specialist in Los Angeles
We are currently seeking a licensed or associate MFT or social worker for our Brentwood and Woodland Hills locations. This is a full-time position in a private practice that specializes in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for OCD and related anxiety-based conditions. All applicants must be currently licensed as an LMFT or LCSW, or registered as an associate MFT or associate social worker with the State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Please note that this position is not open to licensed psychologists or psychological assistants.
This is a long-term, career position. The great majority of our staff therapists have started with us as associates and then stayed with us after getting licensed. If you are an associate looking to get your hours and then open a private practice, please do not apply.
While the OCD Center of Los Angeles is a private practice, it operates in a manner that is more like a hybrid of a private practice and an agency. This provides employees with the advantages of both formats. Some of the private practice advantages include:
- excellent pay
- flexible scheduling
- high functioning clientele
- a comfortable, extremely professional work environment
- a superb clinical team
- expert, specialized supervision for associates
Some of the advantages that are more reminiscent of an agency position include:
- stable and consistent employment
- guaranteed calendar-based pay increases twice per year
- all clients provided to you
- no marketing required
- no need to ever rent an office or pay overhead of any kind
- rapid attainment of hours towards licensure for associates
We also offer an employer-funded 401(k) plan.
- Applicants will ideally have experience and/or specific training with CBT, Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), ACT, and/or other mindfulness-based “third-wave” treatment approaches such as DBT. Job-specific training will be provided
- Willingness to write two blog articles per year on the subject of treatment for OCD and related anxiety based conditions.
- Team player able to work well within the culture of our program.
- Commitment to a minimum of two years employment.
While not a requirement, the ideal candidate for this position would have personal experience with OCD or a related anxiety-based condition, and would have personal experience with being treated using CBT and/or ACT.
About the OCD Center of Los Angeles
The OCD Center of Los Angeles is a private outpatient clinic specializing in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for the treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and related anxiety-based conditions. Among the conditions we treat are:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Pure Obsessional OCD (Pure O)
- HOCD, POCD, and ROCD
- Harm OCD
- Scrupulosity OCD
- Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling Disorder)
- Dermatillomania (Skin Picking Disorder)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Hypochondria / Health Anxiety
- Social Anxiety / Social Phobia
- Panic Disorder
We treat adults, adolescents, and children, and offer services six days a week, including evenings and Saturdays.
How to Apply For This Position
Please email resume, brief cover letter, and examples of your writing (i.e. grad school papers or blog articles focusing on OCD or related conditions, or on CBT, ACT, or DBT) to firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending files, please send them as a standard Microsoft Word file or as a PDF. Please do not send them as .ocx files.