And Related Anxiety Based Conditions
Paid MFT / MSW Internship in Southern California
We are currently looking to hire associate MFT or associate social worker. This is a full-time paid internship in a private practice that specializes in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for OCD and related anxiety-based conditions.
All applicants must be currently registered as either an associate MFT or associate social worker with the State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences. We recognize that many recent graduates are still waiting to receive their BBS registration numbers, and we want to hear from you as well!
Please note that this position is not open to psychological assistants.
The OCD Center of Los Angeles has offices in Brentwood, Woodland Hills, and Newport Beach. This position is for an associate in any of these offices.
This is a long-term, career position. The great majority of our staff therapists have started with us as associates and then stayed with us after getting licensed. If you are looking to get your hours and then open a private practice, please do not apply.
While the OCD Center of Los Angeles is a private practice, it operates in a manner that is more like a hybrid of a private practice and an agency. This provides employees with the advantages of both formats. Some of the private practice advantages include:
- excellent pay
- flexible scheduling
- high functioning clientele
- a comfortable, extremely professional work environment
- expert, specialized supervision
- a superb clinical team
Some of the advantages that are more reminiscent of an agency position include:
- stable and consistent employment
- rapid attainment of hours towards licensure
- guaranteed calendar-based pay increases twice per year
- all clients provided to you
- no marketing required
- no need to ever rent an office or pay overhead of any kind
We also offer an employer-funded 401(k) plan.
- Applicants will ideally have experience and/or specific training with CBT, Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), ACT, and/or other mindfulness-based “third-wave” treatment approaches such as DBT. We recognize that most associates will not have this level of experience, and paid training will be provided.
- Willingness to work Saturdays and evenings.
- Willingness to work with adults, adolescents, and children.
- Willingness to run weekly CBT groups (in addition to individual therapy sessions).
- Willingness and ability to write two blog articles per year on the subject of treatment for OCD and related anxiety based conditions.
- Team player able to work well within the culture of our program.
- Commitment to a minimum of two years employment.
We are particularly interested in an associate who wants to develop a specialty in treating children and adolescents with OCD and other anxiety-based conditions.
While not a requirement, the ideal candidate for this position would have personal experience with OCD or a related anxiety-based condition, and would have personal experience with being treated using CBT and/or ACT.
About the OCD Center of Los Angeles
The OCD Center of Los Angeles is a private outpatient clinic specializing in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for the treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and related anxiety-based conditions. Among the conditions we treat are:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Pure Obsessional OCD (Pure O)
- HOCD, POCD, and ROCD
- Harm OCD
- Scrupulosity OCD
- Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling Disorder)
- Dermatillomania (Skin Picking Disorder)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Hypochondria / Health Anxiety
- Social Anxiety / Social Phobia
- Panic Disorder
We treat adults, adolescents, and children, and offer services six days a week, including evenings and Saturdays. We are currently providing all services via teletherapy, but we expect to re-open all of our office locations in 2022.
How to Apply For This Position
Please email resume, brief cover letter, and examples of work (i.e. grad school papers or blog articles focusing on OCD or related conditions, or on CBT, ACT, or DBT) to email@example.com. When sending files, please send them as a standard Microsoft Word file or as a PDF. Please do not send them as .ocx files.
No calls please.